Chocolate Peanut Butter Brownies
(no sugar, no flour)
- ½ cup of cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1/4 cup natural peanut or almond butter (no sugar added) – if you prefer you can add a half stick of butter in place of peanut butter
- 1 1/2 sticks of butter (melted)
- 2/3rd cup or 3/4ths cup of birch Xylitol sweetener (depending how sweet you like it)
note: Xylitol is not the same as Stevia
- 4 large eggs (whole) – 5 if you want bigger brownies
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
Optional: 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
Preheat oven to 375 degrees Melt the butter and peanut butter together over medium heat. Use a pastry brush to grease a square glass or metal cake pan with a little of the melted butter.
Mix cocoa powder, Xylitol, vanilla and eggs by hand until no powder remains. Add melted butter and peanut butter and beat with electric mixer on high for 3 minutes until batter is light and fluffy. Gently fold in chopped walnuts if desired being careful not to flatten batter.
Pour mixture into greased cake pan and spread to make it somewhat level.
Bake for 20-25 minutes – put tooth pick in center to see if brownie mix does not stick. This means it’s cooked fully. Don’t overcook or they’ll be a little dry.
Allow to cool for 20-30 minutes then cut into squares and serve. (Makes 16 2″ squares)
Lasts in the fridge for up to three weeks but they probably won’t stick around that long.